Photo by 2012 contest entrant Andy Porter - Sunrise at Shi Shi Beach, Olympic National Park
Washington Wild’s Summer Photo Contest will be held until August 15th, 2013. Simply take your camera on trips into Washington’s wonderful wild places (see details below) and snap some photos of landscapes, flora & fauna, recreation, people out in the wild, or whatever captures your eye. Then, send us your best shots!
Photos must be taken on federal lands within Washington State, both protected and unprotected, including the following (for a detailed map of these places, click here):
- Any of Washington’s National Forests
- Designated Wilderness areas
- Inventoried Roadless areas
- Any of Washington’s National Parks
- Any wild rivers, streams or lakes on federal land
- Any areas within pending proposed wilderness including the Alpine Lakes Additions and the Wild Olympics proposals
The photos that you send in will be entered into a photo contest and the TOP 3 PHOTOS will win a cash prize from Washington Wild!
- First Prize = $100
- Second Prize = $50
- Third Prize = $25
In addition, all winners and runner-ups will receive a one-year membership with Washington Wild! This includes regular updates in our e-newsletter, special invitations to our events, and a subscription to our print newsletter.
- Please email your photo entries directly to email@example.com
Please submit the following with your photo:
- Be sure to include the location of your photo! We don’t need GPS coordinates, but tell us where you took the photo, including which wild area, and what the subject of the photo is (a specific mountain, river, roadless area, or trail).
- Please submit your photo in one of the following photo formats: JPEG, TIFF, or PNG.
- Please submit the highest quality (largest size) version of your photo – if your photo is too large to email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-633-1992.
- The deadline for this photo contest is Thursday August 15, 2013 @ 5:00pm.
- The Washington Wild Board of Directors and staff will make their decisions on the top 3 photos by September 1, 2013. The winners will be notified via phone and email, and will also be announced on our web site, our blog, and our Facebook page.
This photo contest is only open to people over the age of 18. By entering this contest, you agree to give over all legal and intellectual property rights of your photo(s) to Washington Wild. All photo entries (not just the winning photos) will become the sole property of Washington Wild and Washington Wild retains the rights to use those photos. All photo entries will be added to our media library; and photo entries will be eligible for public display on our website and/or any print or promotional materials including (but not limited to) brochures, postcards, posters, newsletters, calendars, handouts, and educational materials. If Washington Wild chooses to use a photo submitted during this contest for any printed material(s), the photographer will receive full photo credit in the form of his/her name and subject of the photo listed under the photo. If we auction off your photo, we are simply selling a copy of that photo to the purchaser. The purchaser does not have the right to reproduce or use that photo in any way.
Thank you for your interest in helping us capture the beauty of Washington’s wild places! If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Christine@wawild.org or 206-633-1992.